Learn from some of the world’s top massage therapy experts, all of whom will be presenting at the upcoming Massage Therapy Canada Expo in Burlington, ON this November. Normally you’d pay hundreds of dollars to attend their seminars, but by special arrangement they’ve agreed to share their knowledge with you on these special massage radio broadcasts.
All of these pre-expo training calls are completely free of charge and can be accessed via live streaming audio on the web. If you prefer, listen to the call live on the phone.
At the times indicated below, click the appropriate link to open the presenter’s broadcast page to access the broadcast and listen in. If you are unsure of the broadcast time in your time zone, look at for the countdown clock on each page. You’ll be able to pick the presenters’ brains and ask the them questions before or during the show.
- Sept 5th: David Zulak – Assessment of the Spine
Wednesday, September 5th, 7PM EST: Three quarters of people who come to massage therapists for treatment, do so for neck or back pain. Yet many massage therapists don’t always use assessment tools to enhance treatment outcomes. David will share his expertise on the benefits of assessment techniques. He will discuss how the gap in our massage education impacts the ability to assess, and therefore treat, the synovial joints of the spine and sacroiliac joints.
- Sept 12: John Corry – TMJ Mastery
Wednesday, September 12th, 7PM EST: John Corry will provide some insights into intra-oral techniques and principles in the area of TMJ dysfunction. As soft-tissue body workers we bring a unique and valuable contribution in that the mandible is suspended by soft tissue and is therefore governed by soft tissue responses to craniomandibular function. Whether TMJ dysfunction be primary, or an expression of a whole-body pattern, knowing how to effectively access the “Mandibular Sling” is a valuable part of a massage therapist’s toolbox.
- Sept 19th: Forchielli and Pasinato – One Planet One Solution Wednesday, September 19th, 7PM EST: Monica Forchielli RMT and Lorna Pasinato of One Planet Wellness and Substainability will join us on Massage Therapy Radio to speak to their commitment to responsible socio/cultural, economic, wholesome and earth friendly business practices throughout their entire operation and organization. Monica will also address how they select and develop products and materials from socially concious, fair trade, and earth friendly sources, whose use wherever possible, have positive beneficial effects on people and the planet.
- Sept 26th: Betsy-Anne Baron – Structural Myofascial Therapy Wednesday, September 26th, 7PM EST: Add a new element to your massage therapy sessions: Do you look at your clients standing, before and after each treatment?This will give you key treatment information to support successful treatment outcomes. Structural Myofascial Therapy will assist your clients to learn where they are in their body and where they are not in relation to gravity. In this presentation listeners will learn what this technique has to offer, and where to go they can learn it.
- Oct 3rd: Lily Beare – Thai Stem Massage Wednesday, October 3rd, 7PM EST: Thai Herbal Stem Massage is a treatment that incorporates elements of Swedish relaxation massage, Lomi-Lomi, stretching techniques and Thai massage movements. The benefits are 2-fold; there is a deep penetrating moist heat with natural oils of the herbs released while the client also receives benefit from the techniques themselves.
- Oct 10th: Cathy Ryan – Using Exercise Balls Wednesday, October 10th, 7PM EST: Learn how adding an exercise ball in your into practice can offer support for your clients exercise and rehabilitation program. Cathy will share her knowledge about using the exercise ball for self-care and integrating it into your practice for client care. Cathy will help us to understand how using the ball for ourselves and our clients will add value and benefit to our practices. She will share with us how to choose the correct size of ball to gain the best benefits.
- Oct 11th: Paul Rochford – Creating a Massage Website Thursday, October 11th, 3PM EST: The Web is one of the most effective as well as the most underutilized and misunderstood marketing tools available to massage professionals. As the developer of well over 100 massage websites and as webmaster of one of the most highly visited massage sites on the Internet, BodyworkBiz.com, Paul Rochford has some insights on how to create a highly effective Web site that will sell your services. You’ll discover how ridiculously easy it is to create a Web site and learn about the five pages that your website absolutely must have. Find out what the foundation is for a successful Website and discover the four pillars your online presence must have.
- Oct 17th: Elizabeth Pasquale – CranialSacral Therapy Wednesday, October 17th, 7PM EST: CranioSacral Therapy (CST) is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the function of a physiological body system called the craniosacral system — comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord. CST is an effective treatment for a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction. Discover how CST can benefit the body in a number of ways — from bolstering overall health and resistance to disease to alleviating a wide range of specific medical conditions.
- Oct 18th: Grow Your Massage Business Thursday, October 18th, 3PM EST: Join seasoned clinic managers Scott Dartnall, Jim Smyth and Don Dillon as we discuss how to grow your practice as effectively and efficiently as possible. Topics include adding value to your services, creating sources of income other than hands-on work, how to jump-start your practice if you’re a new graduate, finding “lost business”, assisting your associates in growing their practices…and more! Save time and money by receiving counsel from experts on this topic.
- Oct 24th: Eric Brown – Kickstart Your Massage Practice Wednesday, October 24th, 7PM EST: Whether you are a massage therapist who has just come out of school or a seasoned professional, you’ll learn how to kick-start your practice and get clients coming through your door fast. Don’t believe the myth that it takes years to develop a full, thriving practice. Applying some of the secrets you’ll learn, you can easily have a fully booked practice within 60 days, even if you’re starting from scratch. You’ll be surprised at how easy and stress-free marketing your massage practice can be. Most ideas are low or no cost strategies and are perfect for therapists with limited budgets.